When to Deploy Spartan Mosquito Eradicators
The Mosquito Emergence and Deployment Map shows the approximate start of mosquito seasons by temperate zones based on climate data sourced from the United States Department of Agriculture.
Ideal deployment time for the Spartan Mosquito Eradicator is based on weather, but a good rule of thumb is to deploy them after the “first bite” of the mosquito season. If you deploy them later, when mosquitoes are established, you should double the number of Spartan Mosquito Eradicators to catch up.
Number of Spartan Mosquito Eradicators Needed Per Acre
Deploy one box per acre at the start of mosquito season, or two boxes per acre if first deployed during the season. There are two Spartan Mosquito Eradicators in each box.
1) Prepare the Eradicators
- Remove Spartan Mosquito Eradicator tubes from the box.
- For each unit, remove the temporary cap and fill with WARM water to the fill line indicated on the back of the tube.
- Replace white cap. SHAKE THOROUGHLY. Remove white cap.
- Attach hooks to black caps for hanging, and secure black caps to the top of the Spartan Mosquito Eradicator tubes.
2) Hang the Eradicators
- Hang Spartan Mosquito Eradicators along the perimeter / property line of the area to be protected, no more than 180 feet apart. If the property is less than one square acre, and there are no major mosquito attractors such as a wooded area or a water feature, hang the units on opposite corners of the property.
- Be sure to hang the units away from areas where people gather, since mosquitoes will gather near the Spartan Mosquito Eradicators to feed.
- If you have woods, heavy vegetation, or a water feature that attracts mosquitoes you should hang at least one Spartan Mosquito Eradicator near or within that area, away from people.
- The ideal height to hang the Spartan Mosquito Eradicator is about six feet above the ground.
- The ideal place to hang Spartan Mosquito Eradicators is in a tree against the trunk on a sturdy branch, or just inside a bush, where they will be shaded and be partially protected from rain. This prevents evaporation and allows some water replenishment from rain.
- With proper placement, the Mosquito population in the area will diminish by 95% in 15 days or less.
When to Replace Eradicators
- Ensure the water level remains above the WATER LEVEL LOW line for optimal performance.
- If a Spartan Mosquito Eradicator falls or gets knocked down and the contents empty, it will need to be replaced.
- If the Spartan Mosquito Eradicator gets flooded due to heavy rains, kids playing with hoses, or for any reason, you will need to dispose of the flooded unit and replace it with a new one.
- Replace Spartan Mosquito Eradicators at least every 90 days.